It is important to the Association to protect the privacy of young children who may use the Site. Accordingly, the Association does not knowingly solicit or collect the Personal Information of children under the age of 13 on the Site. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to register directly for accounts on the Site. If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register for an account on the Site. If you are under the age of 13 and interested in taking the SSAT and/or applying to an independent secondary school, please have your parent or legal guardian visit www.ssat.org and/or contact the Association on your behalf.
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13, you may provide consent for your child to register for access to the Site by first registering yourself for an account. Once registered, you can create a restricted account for your child, monitor the data in your child’s account, or revoke a child’s permission to use the Association’s online services by deleting the account.
All content on the Site and contained or provided with the Services is owned exclusively by the Organization and is protected under United States and international copyright law. You have no permission or license to copy, distribute or publish any content contained on the Site or within the Services without an explicit agreement in writing, signed by an authorized officer of the Organization.
Information We Collect
Usage Data, Site Activity
and Location Information
Cookies and Web Beacons
Managing Your Information Preferences
How We Use Information and When We May Share and Disclose Information
We may use Your Personal Information for the purpose for which it was provided, including without limitation for the purposes described further below:
• Provision and Monitoring of the Services: We will use Your Personal Information to deliver and to monitor Your use of the Services. We will also give You the opportunity to store, review and edit Personal Information and other information on the Site. We will share Your Personal Information with subsidiaries, affiliates, and the Association Service Providers (as that term is defined below) as necessary to deliver the Services. If You are under the age of 18, we will share Your Personal Information with Your Parent or Legal Guardian. We will also share Your Personal Information with the Association member schools, consultants and education professionals designated by You and in accordance with your preferences as communicated to us through Your User Account settings.
• Surveys, Contests and Other Special Offers: From time to time, we may offer our users the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests and other special offers. If You elect to participate in these services, You will need to provide certain Personal Information and we will use it as necessary to deliver the relevant services.
• Questions and Requests: If You contact us by e-mail or otherwise, we will use the Personal Information You provide to attempt to answer Your question, respond to Your request and/or resolve Your problem. If You do not have a User Account, we do not regard any information submitted by You as a question or request as private or confidential and will use and share such information in its sole discretion, as necessary for the Association’s business purposes.
• Contacting You About Other Products, Services and Events: The Organization and, if You opt-in, third parties, including but not limited to member schools and consultants, may use Your Personal Information to contact You in the future to tell You about products, services and events that may be of interest to You.
• Research and Data Analysis: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Site and the Services, the Organization may conduct research on its customers’ and users’ demographics, test performance, interests, interactions with the Site and other data based on Usage Data and other information provided to us on the Site and in connection with the Services. This data may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and the Organization may share this data with researchers, member schools, consultants, education professionals, business partners, publications, and other third parties in the sole discretion of the Association for it’s business purposes and/or research purposes. This information and any product of the information will not identify You or other users by name, social security number, government identification number, image, biometrics or any other unique identifier that could link the information or data to You.
• Service Improvement: We may use Your Personal Information, aggregated Personal Information and other data and information collected through the Site and Services to help us improve the content and functionality of the Site, to better understand our users and to improve the Services.
• Order Fulfillment: We may use Your Personal Information that You provide to fulfill any orders You may place for Services offered by the Organization.
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses that we believe to be trustworthy and have privacy practices consistent with ours ("Service Providers"). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, accounting, legal, data analytics and data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect Your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by the Organization, and are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of Your Personal Information.
We may share Personal Information and Usage Data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with the Organization. If the Organization is merged, acquired, or sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets or equity, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information and Usage Data in connection with such transaction.
Compliance with Legal Process, Cooperation with Law Enforcement, the Association Investigations and Protection of User Safety
The Organization will cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other content and information about You to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to or comply with legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property or rights of the Organization or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law. We will use and disclose Personal Information as necessary to investigate, prevent and respond to suspected illegal activity related to the Site or the Services, including but not limited to suspected fraud, theft, cheating, hacking, potential violations of the Association’s intellectual property rights and/or SSAT testing policies and procedures. Finally, the Association may disclose Personal Information if, in the course of providing the Services, it receives information or suspects, in its sole discretion, that any user’s personal physical safety is threatened or that any user under the age of 18 is a victim of physical or sexual abuse.
The Organization employs commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information and other information and data transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You acknowledge and accept the data security risks of using the Site and Services.
California Privacy Rights
When California customers provide personal information to a business, they have the right to request certain disclosures if that business shares personal information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Once per calendar year the customer may request that the business provide a list of companies with which it shares personal information for those companies' direct marketing purposes, and a list of the categories of personal information that the business shares. The Organization generally does not share personal information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes without Your explicit consent and direction. However, if you receive a solicitation from a third party that you believe obtained Your information from the Association without your consent, You may request information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at:
Customer and Support Services Manager
The Enrollment Management Association
Princeton, NJ 08543
Any such inquiry must include "California Privacy Rights Request" in the first line of the description and include Your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this email address or mail address.
Note to International Users
Websites Operated by the Organization
Websites operated by the Organization presently include the following domains:
Copyright © 2017 The Enrollment Management Association